Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Love Letter to Love Letters



Dearest Love Letter,

You’re gone, and I am sad.

I liked you. I liked you a lot.

The anticipation of seeing your folded shape arriving in my mailbox once released a flutter of butterflies into the pit of my stomach. My heart used to swell with joy as I unsealed the envelope, grateful for the messages of love it contained. As my eyes beheld the hasty lettering, I stopped to linger over every word and punctuation mark in attempt to decipher your true intentions.

After sending my reply, I lived in agony whilst I waited for your return. Food had no taste, life lost its luster, and every song that befell my ears was written for our love. Daily actions became meaningless as these motions merely filled the moments until our next rendezvous.

Somewhere along the way, you were replaced with shadows of your former self. Shadows that left me empty handed, with no tangible memento of our love.  Shadows I could only access if my computer was in range of an unsecured wireless network. Shadows that carelessly found their way to my inbox and ended in LOL.

I speak for the masses when I say it is about time for a revival.

A love letter revival.

Xoxo


3 comments:

  1. Have you seen this? Seems perfect for this post! http://www.moreloveletters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will put one in the mail. As soon as I figure out how stamps work and where to get them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jen! Incredible site for furnishing the world with more love letters...hear, hear.
    Bro, I'll mail you some stamps :)

    ReplyDelete