Thursday, June 28, 2012

{a sweet} deal



Even though I love the convenience of Netflix and Redbox-type offerings, there is just something bewitching about the experience of going to an actual movie theater.  Maybe it's the razzly dazzly junior high this-is-the-place-to-see-and-be-seen energy that always seems to exist.  Or the great game areas to kill surplus time before or after the film (how else would I have ever honed my mad Dance, Dance Revolution skills?!). Concessions are a real factor for me, too.  That hot, buttery popcorn and a cold, fizzy fountain soda are a must.  I also love getting there early to stake out seats (preferably ones by the railing so I can prop up my feet).  And, when the lights dim and you settle into your chair as you prepare to be whisked away for the next couple of hours...pure joy! 

But, the only thing more painful than the very end of a great movie is the price tag.  

Allison and I found a wonderful solution for this in the form of a Dollar or Discounted Theater.  Here in Nashville, we have Carmike Hickory 8.  Do some internet research to see what cool deals you can find in your area.  Lots of these places even sweeten the deal with weekly specials.  Our $2-a-movie theater offers a Stimulus Tuesday package.  On Tuesdays, you can get $1.50 a piece stimulus drink and popcorn and $5 off concession combos, for those of you nacho lovers out there.

So the next time you want the BIG movie theater experience without the BIG movie theater price tag, check out a discounted theater...and don't forget  your concessions!

2 comments:

  1. Love it love the intermission cartoon with the hot dog flipping into the bun....to cool and what happen to the drive in my favorite movie experience....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you love those foot rests too! Loved the upbeat outlook; brought me back to activities I enjoyed with friends. Where else could you eat,have a drink, play games then after the movie discuss plot and characters. We used the movies to study our literature! Thanks for the blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete