Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Handmade {in America}

There is something magical about handmade items. Whether it is a tasty sweet treat that no one makes quite like your mom or a beautiful scarf knit with love from a dear friend, the products of our time and energy are meaningful and special.

This idea is exactly what I had in mind when I decided to create {rather than purchase} many of the bits and pieces of the scrapbook I am working on. Adding these little treasures next to the mementos I have collected will add flair and a personalized touch to the project. It was truly a joy to sit back and recall the events of 2012 and attempt to capture the essence of those memories in a small and tangible way. 


By making these items, I saved myself the time and energy of going to a craft store to find stickers/cut outs that fit the theme of my page, and I also didn't spend a pretty penny. Simply combining paper, markers, and a little imagination can produce one-of-a-kind additions to any project!

1 comment:

  1. You girls are such an inspiration and fun to follow! Truly enjoyed the prior video and this home made issue. Again, delightful, thank you both for the memories!

    ReplyDelete