Thursday, June 20, 2013

moon-pie-a-palooza



Imagine an idyllic country trail of rolling hills...
that leads to all-you-can drink RC Cola products
(yes, I will help myself to another Sun Drop)
and all-you-can eat Moon Pies
(don't mind if I do)!

 
 
 
Last Saturday my big sis and I participated in Bell Buckle, TN's 18th Annual  RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival's 10 mile run.  Can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday morning!  It was so special to have that 2+ hours to amble along chatting about life, laughing about old memories, smelling the sweet summer scents of the country and attempting a jog every now and then.
 

The race kicked off the festival, which featured bluegrass, barbecue, clogging, games, crafts...cutting of the world's largest moon pie!!  So if you missed the festivities this year, go ahead and mark your calendars for next year.  This is another great free, fun-for-the-whole-family event you don't want to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment