Thursday, July 11, 2013

more than words

Heart-felt cards can be the sweetest gift.  I recently celebrated a birthday and was overwhelmed with the kind words shared by friends and family.  Ever since I was a little girl, my mom encouraged me to keep a memory box of keepsakes.  I love re-visiting these sacred items: worn friendship bracelets, yearbook pictures with inscriptions, notes passed in class, school newspaper clippings, love letters, movie stubs, chotchkies from various adventures.  As I've gotten older, I've noticed that I treasure words more than trinkets.


The next time you are thinking of a special someone, rather than allowing your attention to be a fleeting thought, sit down and write a letter.  Cement those feelings on paper.  What a treat to gift a message that can be retained and re-read for continued encouragement.   

"Letters are among the most significant memorial a person can leave behind them." 
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment