Thursday, July 18, 2013

off the wall

The official ground breaking has happened for my dollhouse labor of love mentioned here.  After trips to Home Depot and Michaels, I was equipped with the tools needed to begin the detailed assembly. 
 The (pages and pages of...) directions adamantly specified how crucial it is to lay out and label all parts before beginning.  Now, although I like to think I subconsciously made the connection that the images in the instructions were not drawn to scale, I have to admit it took me about 30 minutes to sort through all the pieces comparing parts until I finally matched up the printed image and the raw parts?!  Let's just say, if this had been an IQ test...well, let's just not say.
 Thankfully all parts needed for Step 1: Wall Assembly were accounted for. I learned some new info, like wood wall pieces have "tongues" and they point up.  Also, apparently a little tacky glue goes a long way (ps: for "the more the merrier" types like me, you can wipe excess glue away with a damp paper towel!).   
 Wall A is drying like a boss.  Stay tuned for doll house happenings*


No comments:

Post a Comment