Thursday, December 12, 2013

homespun magic at corrieberrypie

As we continue our countdown to Christmas, the Lunchbox Buddies know you are finishing up your shopping for all those special somebodies.  Last week we featured international gift ideas that give back.  This week we wanted to highlight stateside artisan's handcrafted goods.  

We are thrilled to introduce you to the homespun magic of corrieberrypie.  

We discovered Corrie's etsy site through a co-worker and immediately swooned over her whimsical jewelry pieces.  Whether you are looking for that perfect, unique present or for personal creative inspiration, trust us, you will *love* Corrie!  She has a gift of turning overlooked items into surprising tokens of celebration. 

How did you get started with jewelry?
I've always had the need to create (something...anything!) as far back as I can remember. I've made my own jewelry for years, but when my first child was born it seemed like a fun and easy thing to do from home during all those newborn naps. I've taken breaks from it from time to time to focus on sewing, painting, and drawing. But keep coming back to jewelry making.

How would you describe the style of corrieberrypie items and from where do you draw inspiration?
I make one of a kind (or few of a kind) pieces, incorporating vintage and reclaimed materials as much as possible. I'm inspired by the nuances of nature and romance, the juxtaposition of textures, beauty and function, old and new, etc.

Do you have a favorite item to create?
My favorite thing to do is take apart old pieces and remake them. A bag full of old broken jewelry is like Christmas morning for me. I love a good mixed up necklace, made from a collection of sundries that separately may have been forgettable, but when linked together form a balanced and interesting piece.

Where can we read more about corrieberrypie?
twitter: @corrieberrypie

No comments:

Post a Comment