Wednesday, December 18, 2013

{your presence} the greatest present

There is without question a fleeting happiness in unwrapping special goodies on Christmas Day, but I think we all look back and find deep-seeded joy in sharing memories with those dear to us. 

My Dad recently asked me what some of my favorite Christmas memories were.  Special gifts made the list (like in grade school when my hip Aunt sent me the "cool" purse all the other girls were carrying or in junior high when my big Brother sent me the most unique sterling silver ring from his travels to Alaska), but stealing the spotlight were definitely memories of activities and traditions with family and friends.
During the next week, enjoy and bring joy by gifting friends and family with your time building memories and traditions together.  Recently, I wanted to gift some friends and their families holiday cookies.  Rather than just picking up a variety of treats and dropping them off, I invited the ladies over to bake and decorate Christmas cookies.  It was such a fun time catching up, laughing and working together.  At the end of the evening, we all got to take home goodies for our families. 

Your time, your presence, is truly a gift!  And giving of ourselves and being present with our friends and family continues to prepare our hearts to celebrate Jesus, the true gift that fulfills our fleeting longings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment