Thursday, January 30, 2014

variety{spice of life}


Last night, I participated in one of Nashville's dinnerlab events held at The Anchor Fellowship!  
Forbes.com contributor Adriana Lopez expressed the recent dinnerlab phenomenon best, 
summarizing the social dining start up as 

And just when I thought I was an adventurous diner...


Ecuadorian Chef Octavio Ycaza busted out seven courses that stretched my 
palate with such "finger-licking" delicacies as beef tripe, fried blood and coconut water 
(that somehow did not taste like water or coconut??!).
A quick aside on tripe.
For those of you who don't know, and in the interest
of protecting your eyes from the google images...
and I quote:
Yep, that about sums it up.


It was a fun evening exploring new flavors with familiar friends.  
If the old adage variety is the spice of life is true, then 
my dinnerlab experience was off the Scoville scale, yo!


No comments:

Post a Comment