Thursday, August 8, 2013

the ever sunny days

Cost of living and pretentious tabloid socialites aside, California is a favorite place of mine. Since my journey to Southern California three years ago, the blue skies and effortless breathing of The Golden State have crossed my mind on a daily basis. Thus the reason my heart leapt and my eyes welled with tears when I learned the same dear friend who originally introduced me to California would be the catalyst for our reunification. 

Our days were saturated with Napa Valley vineyards, orchards at Hurley Farms, Sausalito, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Muir Woods; each with their own charm and beauty. Sights I had only observed on the silver screen were alive and vibrant around me. 

The culmination of the trip was the beautiful union of Kaitlin and her groom, Dave. No setting other than wine country could have more perfectly matched the class and grace of this couple and their commitment to one another. As we gathered around the table to share communion, I was overwhelmed with the divine nature of these moments. We were witnessing and playing part in the message of Christ; the sacrifice of His life through the breaking of bread, and the union between Him and his bride, the Church. I believe it was evident to each witness that the love we observed and experienced in that place was perfectly ordained by Love himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment